Excelsys Technologies is a global leader in high quality AC/DC and LED power supplies. Whether you are a graduate or experienced professional, Excelsys regularly have employment opportunities available to support our increasing business needs.
We currently have the following positions available at Excelsys:
DESIGN ENGINEER/SENIOR ENGINEER
The Design Engineer/Senior Design Engineer selected will work within a dynamic project team carrying out design and development work on our existing and future power supply products.
Click here to read more…
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design and development of power supply products from concept to volume production whilst ensuring that the design meets performance specifications, cost & reliability targets.
- Complies with required regulatory standards.
- Adheres to Design for Manufacture (DFM) guidelines.
- Liaising with cross-functional team (PCB layout, Mechanical engineering, Manufacturing and Quality engineering) to facilitate the design process.
- Liaising with international manufacturing locations during development and product infancy to maximise production yields.
- Selection of raw materials, components and suppliers based on product performance specifications, reliability and regulatory requirements.
- Research and Evaluation of new technologies.
- Participation in internal design reviews.
- Design Verification Testing.
- Technical Report writing.
- Engineering Change Order/Notice generation.
- Test equipment/Hardware design and build
The successful candidate will need to be capable of delivering to project milestones and providing regular progress updates.
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications:
- Degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering.
- 6+ years relevant experience in hardware design particularly involving power electronics.
- Knowledge of power conversion principles, topologies and soft switching techniques and technologies.
- Experience of designing EMI filters / PCB layouts for minimum EMI.
- Self-motivation, initiative and drive.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to write and analyze design documentation.
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills.
- Experience of working within a power supply development team.
- Experience of design of high power (600W to 2kW), high efficiency converter topologies.
- Design of electronic products for high volume manufacturing.
- Experience of digital hardware design.
- Project management skills.