Excelsys To Have High Visibility Participation at APEC 2017
Excelsys Technologies will participate at APEC 2017 in a number of sessions, panels and workshops. We’ll also have news about our revolutionary convection-cooled power supplies. The premier power electronics exhibition, APEC is taking place March 26-30, 2017, in Tampa, Florida. At the show, Kevin Parmenter, our VP of Applications, N. Amer., will participate in three APEC sessions and a PSMA forum. Join us and learn about our innovative power supplies – and hear Kevin’s insights about overcoming compliance challenges.
• Industry Session IS06: “Regulatory and Compliance Considerations for Power Electronics”
Chair of the session and one of the four featured speakers, Kevin will present: “Design Considerations for Power Supplies in High-Altitude Applications.” Chris Siegl, our North America FAE, will present “What Doesn’t a power supply have to comply with these days?” It will discuss the plethora of safety, regulatory and compliance standards that power electronics engineers are asked to meet or exceed. Sponsored by the PSMA’s Safety & Compliance Technical Committee, the session will be held Wednesday, March 29th, from 8:30 a.m. to 10:10 a.m.
• Industry Session IS14: “Isolation Barrier Technologies”
Kevin will chair this session comprising six industry experts. Also sponsored by the PSMA’s Safety & Compliance Technical Committee, it will be held Thurs., March 30th, from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
• Rap Session 1: “Power Electronic Topologies: Do We Need More or Any Benefit to New Ones?”
Kevin will be the moderator of this lively – and intentionally provocative – discussion. Among a number of esteemed industry professionals will be our R&D Manager Diarmuid Hogan. RAP Sessions will be held on Tuesday, March 28th, from 5:00 to 6:30 p.m.
• Magnetics Forum: “Power Magnetics at High Frequency – Transforming the Black Magic into Engineering”
Kevin will also participate in a workshop jointly sponsored by the PSMA and IEEE PELS. The target audience is anyone working to achieve higher power densities, low profile aspect ratio, higher efficiencies, and improved thermal performance. Made up of five sessions, the high-speed magnetics workshop will be held Saturday, March 25, 2017.
• News Announcement: During the show, Excelsys will be announcing more benefits of our CoolX600 Series power supplies. Learn more about our 600W convection-cooled modular power supplies that deliver 600W of output power – without fan-assisted cooling – from a very compact 8.5 x 4.5 x 1U package. For full CoolX600 product information and to download the datasheet visit www.excelsys.com